Sunday, September 16, 2007

Another Round

So, I'm playing another round of the interview game.  This time my interviewer is Lisa from Adventures From Florida to Kentuckiana.  Now fair warning.  Her journal is private.  So if you want to visit, you'll need to send her an email and ask first, at randlprysock@aol.com.  

And for any who may not have seen this yet, here's the rules:

She came up with five questions to interview me, and I'm going to answer them here.

If you would like to be interviewed by me, here are the directions.

1. Leave me a comment saying "Interview Me"

2. I will respond by e-mailing you 5 questions.  I get to pick the questions.

3. You will update your journal with a post containing your answers to the questions.

4.  You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.

5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them 5 questions.

Okay... ready, set, interview!!!

1.  What is your favorite recipe?
 
How can I just pick one?!  Here's one of my all time favorites that requires nothing extra and is cheap.
 
Mock chicken fried steak
 
Take 1 1/2 pounds hamburger and divide into 6 patties.
Mix one egg and about 1/3 cup milk in flat bottomed bowl or pie pan.
Put flour in another.
Salt and pepper patties.  Flour, milk/egg mixture, flour.  Fry in about 1/2 inch grease at medium until golden brown.
Serve with cream gravy.  Cheaper than steak, more tender and more flavor!
 
Cream Gravy  (white sauce)
 
Melt 4 1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine in cast iron skillet or club aluminum pot.  Over medium low heat.
In coffee cup combine 5 tablespoons flour, one teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper with a fork or whisk. 
Quickly mix into melted butter with fork or whisk. 
Add 2 cups milk.  (sweet milk, canned milk, water in any combination will work.)
Slowly bring to a low boil, stirring often. 
This is good with meat, biscuits. 
(Shit on a shingle.) or add browned ground sausage (cut back on the salt to 1/2 teaspoon) to serve over toast or biscuits.   (Eggs a la golden rod)  Add hard boiled, chopped up egg whites and serve over toast, with crumbled yellows sprinkled over the top.
 
                              
 
 
 
2.  Do you have any hobbies or an activity you love to do in your spare time and please share with us more about it?
 
Oh how boring I have become!  No real hobbies or interest I pursue these days.  Seems between work, home, hubby, children, journaling and my prayer group all my time is used up.
 
3.  If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you most want to go?
 
Very similar to another question I had.  But assuming I had to travel....I'd love to see the parts of Texas I have never seen.  The panhandle and the hill country.  I'd like to visit the Holy Land if I thought it was entirely safe.  And I've always been fascinated by Ireland, though I don't know if I actually have any Irish to me or not. 
 
4.  What is your proudest accomplishment in life?
 
Oh, wow.  Tough one.  By the world's standards I have not accomplished much.  Twenty-three years of marriage and to have raised a handsome son to adulthood without him addicted or in trouble with the law come to mind.  But, yet, they really aren't my accomplishments.  They belong to Christ.  But I'm everso thankful I got to participate in these things with Him!
 
5.  Name five things you'd like to do before the next ten years are over.
 
Let's get this in perspective.  In ten years I'll be 57.  Bubba will be 28, and Bug will be 18!  Lord help me. 
 
I want to be debt free.
I want to have a steady, growing retirement at hand.
I want to be able to do some different things with my family than I have done before.
I'd like to cultivate some good friendships with other women in real life/time.  People to go and do with.
I want to go on a honeymoon with my hubby.  We have never had one.

5 comments:

  1. I need to make more friends IRL too.  Sometimes it's so hard to make the effort to get out when it feels so much nicer just to enjoy the quiet at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved this interview...i want to go on a honeymoon too never had one either
    ttyl
    emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such great answers!  The recipe sounds delicious... loved your travel ideas... especially Ireland and the Holy Land... I want to be debt free in ten years too... other than maybe the mortgage it would be nice to have everything else paid off.  Hugs,
    Lisa : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your answers and I will be making that for dinner.....

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've actually done those receipes and the shit on a shingle saved me when I was poor.  I've never used butter, I use oil but the flavor is awesome and especially when you actually have meat to go in it.  Mama use to keep a grease can on the stove and I've eaten more gravey and bisquits like that than I can shake a stick at. How about some good ole fried cornbread patties??

    2 cups of cornmeal
    dash of salt
    boiling water

    Add corn meal, salt and enough boiling water to make a thick, cookie like mixture.
    scoop into small balls and flaten like a pattie
    put into hot grease and fry on both sides to a golden color.

    They are cheap, good tasting hot or cold and filling.  Mama use to use left over baccon grease or something like that but any grease will do.

    I love the Southern girl in you Babrara.  Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Come 'round any time. ~ Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...