Sunday, March 19, 2006

Spriing Break is Over

Spring break is almost over!  Tomorrow the kids go back to school!  Does my joy make me a bad mother?  Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed a lot of the time here with them, but now I want my days for myself.  Without "Mama will you?"  "Mama I need.." "Mama I want."  To go to a store by myself.  Bug went and spent Friday with her Aunt Edna....my sister.  I want to go spend a day with my sister!  On behalf of myself and all other "bad" moms, I share this little joke from my Arcamax email.

 

 

Grocery shopping
A man noticed a woman in the grocery store with a 3-year-old girl in her cart. As they passed the cookie section, the little girl asked for cookies and her mother told her no. The little girl immediately began to have a conniption, and the mother said quietly, "Now Missy, we just have half of the aisles left to go through - don't be upset. It won't be long."

In the candy aisle, the little girl began to shout for treats. When mom said she couldn't have any, she began to kick her mother and scream. The mother said softly, "There, there, Missy, don't cry - only two more aisles to go and then we'll be checking out."

When they got to the checkout stand, the little brat immediately began to reach for the gum and freaked out when her mom said she couldn't have any. The mother patiently said, "Missy, we'll be through this checkout stand in five minutes and then you can go home and have a bottle and a nice snooze."

The man followed them out to the parking lot and stopped the woman to compliment her. "I couldn't help noticing how patient you were with little Missy," he said.


The mother sighed and replied, "Oh, no, my little girl's name is Francine - I'm Missy."

19 comments:

  1. LOL on the cute joke. Spring break starts here this week. Tomorrow afternoon is my eye surgery day. Please remember me in prayer during surgery and a complete recovery. Thanks, Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. the joke was cute! You are not a bad mom for wanting to get back to the routine of the kids in school. I know the feeling from years past; but we don't get spring break here

    enjoy your quiet Monday

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL
    Lot of us bad moms have the same feelings
    Terrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello friend spring break already today is the first day of spring lol our break is not untill april 3 no it does not make you a bad mother to want that i know you spend alot of time worth while with your kids when they are home and we are not the judge he is as long as you are raising him in his ways that is what matters i love the joke sounds like me lol have a great day God bless kelley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my!  That's a good one!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cute! And so real!   I enjoyed my boys more and more as they grew older.  I caught myself saying something I used to say to them.  When they Mommy, Mommy, Mommied I told them I was going to change my name.  Last week I kept getting a lot of "Grandma Darlene's" what did I say?  I'm going to change my name!  lol

    We've all been there, you're not BAD!  :)  Enjoy the quiet!

    Hugs!

    Darlene
    http://journals.aol.com/djohn52/AgeingGracefullyWithAllTheHelpIC/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like Missy most of the time,lol!!

    Terra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh too funny!!
    My best part of Spring break with the kids, since I work is on my day off I don't have to get up and get them off to school...
    Enjoy your you time...
    Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. No spring break yet..

    ReplyDelete
  10.  I LIKED THAT ONE BARBARA.
           QUITE A FEW YEARS BACK WHEN I WAS AWAY AT WORK, MY WIFE WENT TO THE SUPER MARKET WHERE WE TRADED REGULARLY, A COUPLE OF THE CHILDREN TRAILED ALONG CLOSELY AS THEY WERE TAUGHT.
      HOWEVER SHE WAS CARRYING ONE OVER HER SHOULDER , VERY ADEPT AT THAT EVEN WHILE CHECKING OUT, JUGGLING HER PURSE, CARRYING OUT THE GROCERY BAG.
          SHE GOT TO THE CAR, REMOVED THE BABY FROM HER SHOULDER AND TO HER SURPRISE THE BABY WAS HOLDING SEVERAL MAGAZINES, GRABBED WHILE IN THE CHECKOUT LINE.
        WITH ALL THE KIDS IN TOW, BACK SHE WENT TO RETURN THE MAGAZINES.
    THE CLERK TOLD HER, I SAW IT BUT KNEW YOU WOULD BE BACK WITH THEM.
                                                                                                   SAM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cracking I liked that thought it was great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh boy- what a riot!  I gotta agree with that sometimes!- love carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't think that your joy makes you a bad mom.  I think it makes you a good mom.  Too many times women think that they can only be a great mom if they take everything upon themselves and don't take time for themselves to recoop.
    I think knowing when to take a break from your children and care for yourself shows you are a good mom and you don't want to give your children a tired and worn out mom.  We are only human.
    My children are starting Spring Break this week, as of today.  God bless all moms.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww thats a cute one. Thanks for sharing, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  15. I see that everywhere I go.  Mothers trying to keep their cool while their children yell, scream, or whine.  Sometimes I feel so bad for the moms and other times I feel bad for the children.  When I see a child being totally ignored by his or her mom or dad, it makes me sad.  I think children just want to be a part of the shopping time with mom or grandma.  My granddaughter never acts out, but sometimes she has something to say, so I listen.  It doesn't matter if I am in a store, a resturaunt, or at the doctors.  

    I loved the story though, it was hilarious.  :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. My Mom said that children are not a problem when they are young, it's when they get older that the problems begin.     mark

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the dog playing with the vaccume and the hedgehog doll playtoo!  Great fun on your site!  Thanks Cheryl,  

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the dog playing with the vaccume and the hedgehog doll playtoo!  Great fun on your site!  Thanks Cheryl,  

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the dog playing with the vaccume and the hedgehog doll playtoo!  Great fun on your site!  Thanks Cheryl,  

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Come 'round any time. ~ Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...